Tuesday, October 20, 2009

OuR WeEkEnD

This weekend was actually pretty uneventful but I think that I actually got a lot of things done. YAY! On Saturday Ally had her first birthday party for one of her friends from primary. She was so excited. She made her a birthday card and everything. She was a little nervous when she found out that I was not going too. Then when we were almost there she told me that she was not going to be scared and she would be polite and not get too wild. She is so cute! I think that I was more nervous than she was! She had sooo much fun and acted like she was so big when I went and got her. Besides her getting big and going to parties, we decided that it was time to let Gracie sleep on the bottom bunk so that we could move the crib into Lily's room. I no longer have my wild one contained in a crib! She is actually really good, and does not get out of bed and she will still take good naps for me.

Then on Sunday when I was doing Ally's hair in braids Gracie said that she wanted them too. We did it. They may be like spaghetti strings, but they are braided and she thought that she was pretty cool. As soon as we got them done she had to go outside and show dad.

The most exciting part for me was that Jordan finally got the frame for my flag done!!! I have had the flag and the barn wood for like five years and we just kept putting it off. I think that I finally bugged him enough that he was sick of me asking! It looks FANTASTIC! I LOVE it!!!

3 comments:

The Lane Family said...

That is so sweet about Allie going to her first birthday party by herself. Aidan has not done that yet. But I am sure it is just around the corner. By the way are you ready for the big 4 year birthday party :)

I love the braids. I need to know your secret for keeping them happy while you do their hair. Avery hates her head touched but I can get pigtails and pony tails but I know I could do more if she would let me. Kaylee is my wild child she is everywhere so I have to come up with something.

I love your flag it is Awesome, you are so talented with decorating, quilts and bows.

The Sharp Family said...

I love that she said that she wouldn't be to wild and that she would be polite. I laughed over that! She is such a cutie! How's it going with Gracie not in a crib? We're trying to decide when to make the switch with Tay. I'm just not ready for her to be able to get out whenever she wants....YIKES! And last I love how the flag turned out. Why is that we have to bug them a million times to do something for us? I know whenever I bug Shawn about doing something for me, he puts it off ofrever and then it usually takes about 5 minutes to do it. So frustrating! Again I love the way it turned out!

The Sharp Family said...

Hey! How are you guys doing? I just went to the Dr. yesterday and they are going to let me come in in 2 weeks for the ultrasound!!! I'm so excited. We asked Luke last night if he wants a baby brother or a baby sister, and he told us that he wants a baby brother and if it's a baby brother he will be so happy, but if it's a baby sister he will be soooooooo mad! So i guess in 2 weeks we'll find out if he's happy or mad! I hope you guys are doing great! Take care